The Yamathon is a fundraising challenge where teams of three or four people compete to walk through Tokyo, visiting all 29 stations of the famous JR Yamanote train line in under 12 hours. However, 50 teams can also choose to do a half-Yamathon, finishing at Mejiro Station. .
- This is a fundraising event, with 100% of your registration fee going to Plan International.
- Half Yamathon: starting venue is only 3 minutes walk from Tokyo Station.
- Half Yamathon: finishing venue is outside of Mejiro Station.
- The Yamathon is a unique endeavour in that there is no set course. Basic directions are provided to all participants – part of the navigational challenge is to be creative and take shortcuts provided you visit all Yamanote line stations in between Tokyo and Mejiro stations.
- Teams must take a photo at every station to prove that they have completed the half-Yamathon.
Team registration is closedThank you for your overwhelming support!
||Tokyo Yamathon – HALF YAMATHON 2017
||International Volunteer Group (IVG)
||Credit Suisse, J.P. Morgan, Symantec, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Salesforce.com, British Hills
||Mitsubishi Jisho, Hilton Japan
||13th May 2017
||Tokyo Tokia Building (Tokyo Station 3mins walk)
||¥10,000 – 100% of fee will go to Plan International
|Min. & max. team members
||3-4 members: Maximum 50 teams for Half-Yamathon
||Teams who fail to finish before 16:00 will be disqualified.
- Must be at least 18 years of age on the race day.
- If under the age of 18, accompanied by a guardian or adult.
- Must be capable of completing the Half-Yamathon in under 7 hours.
|Registering on day of event
- On arrival, please register your team at the venue.
- All members must hand in a signed disclaimer form when registering.
- Team numbers will be given after all disclaimer forms have been submitted.
- Please notify an IVG volunteer of team members who are unable to attend.
- Smartphone users – please visit this link for our guide map.
- Please open with an internet browser – it is not compatible with Google Maps app.
- Teams will also receive a paper map of a route around the Yamanote Line.
- For more information, please see our FAQ’s.
- You must take a photo of your team in front of all stations between Tokyo Station and Mejiro Station.
- You can send your photos to our Instagram or Twitter page.
- All Half-Yamathon teams must register at our starting venue (Tokyo TOKIA Building) and must finish at our IVG Tent at Mejiro Station at the Start/Finish Point to finish the Yamathon.
- At the Half-Yamathon finish line at Mejiro Station, we will record your finishing time and check your photos.
- To retire, please call the emergency contacts on your team number.
- Walk in single file and do not obstruct other pedestrians/cyclists.
- Walk on the pavement/sidewalk where present.
- No pavement/sidewalk – walk on the right-hand side, facing on-coming traffic.
- Obey all traffic laws and traffic signals.
- Obey any instructions given by police.
- Do not take shortcuts through private property such as temples, shrines, parks, parking lots and so on.