- The Yamathon is a fundraising challenge where teams of three or four people compete to walk around all 30 stations of the famous JR Yamanote line under 12 hours.
- This is a fundraising event – 100% of your fee going to Yokohama Children’s Hospice Project.
- Teams can also choose to do Half-Yamathon, finishing at Meijiro Station.
- START/FINISH venue is 3 minutes walk from JR Tokyo Station.
- No set course. Basic directions are provided to all participants.
- Take shortcuts around the JR Yamanote Line, as long as you visit all 30 stations.
- Teams must take a photo at every station and show your photos at the finish line.
|VENUE:||Tokyo Tokia Building, Marunouchi, Tokyo|
|FEE:||14,000yen – 100% of fee will go to Yokohama Children’s Hospice Project|
|TIME LIMIT:||12 hours|
|OPTIONS:||Full Yamathon (approx. 40 km)|
Half Yamathon (approx. 20 km)
|ELIGIBILITY:||Must be at least 18 years old on event day.|
If under 18, accompanied by an adult.
Must be able to finish under 12 hrs
|-Walk in single file. Do not obstruct other pedestrians.|
-Walk on the pavement/sidewalk where present.
-No pavement/sidewalk – walk on the right-hand side, facing on-coming traffic.
-Obey all traffic laws and signals.
-Obey any instructions given by police.
-Do not take shortcuts through private property such as temples, shrines, parks, etc.
|-Smartphone users - please visit this link for our guide map.|
-Please open with an internet browser – it is not compatible with Google Maps app.
-For more information, please see our FAQ’s.
|PHOTOS:||-You must take a photo of your team in front of all 30 stations.|
-Send your photos to our Instagram or Twitter page.
|CHARITY PARTNER:||Yokohama Children’s Hospice Project|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
RGF Professional Recruitment Japan
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
Mitsubishi Property Management
|VOLUNTEER PARTNERS||Isohata Osteopathic Clinic|
Tokyo Therapeutic Institute
Gunma Kokusai Academy
Key Club International
Canadian International School
GOT WHAT IT TAKES