Guide for Tokyo Yamathon participants
Dear team leaders
Thank you for your participation in the Tokyo Yamathon 2022.
This is a guide for the day of the Yamathon. Please read it carefully and share it with your team members to prepare for the day of the Yamathon.
- Decide on a time and place to meet with your team close to the venue (approx. 30 minutes before your starting time)
*DUE TO COVID-19 PREVENTION REGULATIONS, WE ARE REQUIRED TO MINIMIZE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE VENUE. FOR THIS REASON, PLEASE DO NOT ARRANGE TO MEET YOUR TEAM AT OR OUTSIDE OF TOKIA BUILDING.
- There is no place to keep your luggage at the venue. Please use coin lockers near by．
- Body temperature check and sanitizers will be available at the entrance of the venue.Those with a high body temperature may be denied entry.
- Please wear a face mask in the venue. It is not required to wear a mask while walking, but please be considerate of your surroundings.
- Don’t forget to wear your number and sensor chip (for leader only). Please be sure to take your chip back with you as it will be collected after the finish line.
- If you forget your chip on the day of the event, please report it to the organizer’s desk. If you lose your chip during the walk, your time will not be recorded automatically, so please report it to the staff/volunteers at the finish line.
- The course can be done either clockwise or counterclockwise along the Yamanote Line. Please refer to the guide map https://bit.ly/TokyoYamathon
- Take fun pictures of the group at each station (Yamathon’s rule).
- Please do not run in crowded areas, and do not enter private property.
- After the finish line, please follow the volunteer guides to check your records and station photos, and take a commemorative team photo with your records displayed before the race ends.
- The goal of the Half Yamathon is at Mejiro Station, and the participants will disperse after the record and commemorative photo are taken.
- The event will be held rain or shine. However, the event will be cancelled in case of heavy storms, earthquakes, or other disasters deemed dangerous by the organizer. Notification will be made via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Yamathon website by 10:00 p.m. the night before the event.
- In case of an emergency or if you decide to retire during the walk, please contact us at 090-9914-4560.
- After Yamathon, you will be able to download your team’s finisher’s certificate.
- Wearing Yamathon number card with you may get a lot of cheers from other pedestrians. However, any conduct that is not in good manners will be criticized and reported. Please be considerate of your surroundings and enjoy the Yamathon challenge!